Airbrush Pre-Care Instructions
24 Hours Prior to your Spray Tan (Pre Tan Care):
- Shave or use depilatory cream to remove unwanted body hair.
- Exfoliate entire body with mild, oil free, non-abrasive exfoliant.
8 Hours Prior to your Spray Tan (Pre Tan Care):
- Shower, but do not apply body oils or moisturizer to skin, as this can create a barrier on your skin.
- Wear clothing that are dark in color, preferably black and loose fitting (cotton clothing) to avoid
excess contact or staining to your clothing after your spray tan.
- Do not wear tight fitting jeans, pants, or shorts, or light synthetic fabrics .
- It is advisable to wear dark flip flops to and from your spray tan appointment.
5 Minutes Prior to your Spray Tan (Pre Tan Care):
- Wipe skin with pre spray tan wipes to remove any excess body oils or products from the skin.
- Remove make up and deodorant with baby wipes.
- Pull hair up and away from face and neck with a hair tie and cover with a hair cap.
- Rub a small amount of hair conditioner along your exposed hairline to prevent discoloration.
- Remove contact lenses, clothing, shoes, and jewelry.
- Apply barrier cream to ears, elbows, knees, ankles, hands and tops of feet.
3-8 Hours after your Spray Tan (Post Tan Care):
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, cleaning, or showering, as your spray tan is developing
during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in lines or uneven tanning.
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, please cover your bed with dark sheets and
pillow cases so that any bronzer does not stain your regular sheets.
3-8 Hour after your Spray Tan (Post Tan Care):
- Shower normally. You will see some color wash away from your skin. This is completely normal,
and was only the color guard (instant tan that you could see after your spray tan). The color guard is used
to give immediate tan results, but also so that the technician may see where they are applying solution.
Do not be concerned by this, as your developed tan is still there.
- Wash with a mild, moisturizing shower gel and a gentle bath poof.
- While you are drying, remember to pat, not rub your skin.
- Apply a tan extending lotion at night (please ask your tanning technician for more information).
The Life of your Spray Tan: (Post Tan Care):
- The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin. Moisturize twice a day. The following
products have been shown to reduce the number of days that a spray tan will remain on the skin, so try to find
alternatives or simply avoid these products until just before your next spray tanning session.
- Band Aids, Face Masks, or Biore Pore Strips -Anti Aging or Anti Acne products
- Bar Soaps -Hair Removal Creams and Shaving
- If at all possible, you should try to avoid contact with chlorine or excessive sweating inside of closed toed shoes,
as both can lead to premature fading of a spray tan. If you notice uneven or premature fading of your spray tan,
you can always correct this by touching up your spray tan with a ‘Tan in a Can’ spray tanning product.
Please ask your tanning technician for more information.
Please contact us at (508) 232-6710 with any questions or concerns you may have about your spray tan,
or to make a new appointment with your spray tanning technician.